So for those who know me, they know I like Linux. Not just because it’s cool (it is) but because I find it user friendly. Yes seriously, I find Linux easier to use. I never …
I’m writing this on my phone (in the WP app). Not my new phone as that hadn’t arrived yet. In fact my new one was only released from the local supplier over the weekend. (This …
Recently I got a little annoyed at myself for being unfit (aka fat) and not knowing how to get out of ‘it’. The rut, the slump, the low point of knowing you need to do …
I have been asked to speak at another engagement at a Master Class on the northern beaches about IT planning for small business. So far the schedule is a little hazy for me and I am …
There is a first time for everything, and tonight was my first time being interviewed for a podcast. Yep – I am not a virgin interviewee anymore, unless you count job interviews (and I haven’t …
After upgrading to an iPhone4 I started installing some apps, of which I have about 100 so far. This got me thinking as to what I need (or hope to not need).
So far on my list (in no particular order)
1) First Aid by St John’s Ambulance Service. I hope to never use this app but it seems a cheap price for the insurance it provides.
2) Google – for obvious reasons as it saves loading Safari
3) Shazam (or SoundHound)
4) Social media – Twitter, Facebook & other sites generally have their own app
5) TweetDeck is an ‘app’ I use on my laptop & it works as well on the iPhone
6) WordPress allows me to post this easily
7) Beachsafe by the Surf Life Savers is great for checking the beaches with some having webcam
8) Parkpatrol allows for tracking and adding the location of parking cops
9) NRMA roadside assistance is one I hope I don’t need and can easily be unused due to calling rather using an app but it is still a great app
13) WeatherZone because I think its better than the built in app as it is more accurate and shows the BOM radar
14) Dragon Dictation because there is nothing better than talking out loud and seeing the words appear on a screen
15) Bump because it’s easy to use and works
So what apps do you use & what would you say I missing?
Permanent link to this article: https://marcus.herstik.com/2011/practical-apps/
I was working on a website I look after a bit which has a pretty cool Joomla component/module in it PreachIt. This module appeared to have a simple error where it doubled up a small piece of code that called the module.
Continue reading “Coding and other stuff” »
Permanent link to this article: https://marcus.herstik.com/2011/coding-and-other-stuff/
Today I read a post from Neil Jenman.
Unfortunately I have to disagree with some of the idea’s which he seems to advocate. I agree with helping out mates & think there is a lot that we can do to help people but unfortunately I don’t agree with some of his statements. Continue reading “Floods, Insurance & Property investors.” »
Permanent link to this article: https://marcus.herstik.com/2011/floods-insurance-property-investors/
Nothing makes me more sad than hearing about disaster striking large area’s. So when I look at the news recently & then again this morning all I hear is about destruction & it’s spreading. Continue reading “Disaster has struck” »
Permanent link to this article: https://marcus.herstik.com/2011/disaster-has-struck/