Like a lot of other people I have multiple places where events & calendars are getting stored. What about you – do you have Facebook, Google & maybe a third or fourth calendar location such your work or home calendar program? FYI – I use iCal on my Mac.
Have you ever wondered how to sync events from Facebook with other systems… eg. your calender program or with Google Calendar.I did & it took me a little while but eventually I made Facebook link to Google Calendar & Google Calendar is used in my iCal program. (I could have linked my Facebook Events directly into the program.)
How about trying this.
- Log in to Facebook.
- Click on your “Events” item on the left.
- Down the bottom click on the “Export” link. This will open a new small window over the top.
- Copy the link you have there (try right-click on the link & choose “Copy Link”).(This link is missing a bit off the end as otherwise you’d have my calendar because it isn’t secured…)
- Open either Google docs (or your other calendar program.).
- Where it says “Other Calendars” click on the little down arrow & choose “Add by URL”.
- Paste the URL into the box.
- Click the “Add Calendar” button & you are done.
That’s it .. you are done. Next post I will show how to add your Google calendar to iCal.